Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Well just to give you and update on Aunt Pam (Lynn), she is home and hospice is taking care of her. She is getting lots of visitors. We went and checked on her last night. She has the breathing tub out and is breathing on her own. She did try to open her eyes yesterday so they lifted her eye lids for her and she looked around the room and was able to look at all her children. They have stopped giving her food and water. The doctor said with the infection in her brain she should live for two to seven days. This was on Monday. We are so gratefull for the time that we have had with her. She is 45 years old. Her two youngest children are the same age as Jordan and Kenzie. Which in some odd way is very comforting to Pams kids. They are always hugging and laughing with them since this all began one month ago. Jord spent the weekend sleeping with his cousins on the hospital floor in Salt Lake Kenz went to a hotel room. Sunday I went down and was able to see Pam and talk to her. At that time she couldn't open her eyes and couldn't talk but was able to shake her head yes.

We are thankful for the lessons we have learned from all of our ordeals this past year and half. We know that Heavenly Father loves us all and is taking care of all our loved ones who have passed on.

We love you and wish you all the best.

Steph

P.S.-
I posted a video of the room I spent the night in here is the link. http://www.new.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=33854065405
~Jordan

3 comments:

Candace and Brian said...

Wow! I had no idea about this whole situation. How scary. I'll have to get all the details from you.
How did Kenzie's Mexico trip go? We'd love to see pictures.
Glad all is well. Love ya!

Elder Colton James Riner said...

What a year this has been for you. We love you and are praying for you. Your strength through adversity is amazing. You are definately an example to me.
Take care.

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

I never know what is going on with you guys and then I read a crazy post like the last two. I hope you guys are doing a little better. I hope that the kids are doing well. I guess I need to call and get the details from you. Just remember we are thinking of you guys! love ya!

Kenie's hurt foot

Kenie's hurt foot
Our first broken bone